Thursday 11 August 2016

electric light orchestra - washington visit




 the corm, amorphophallus titanium - that me and my sister dahlia been working on.









botanical garden, always remind me of the garden that burst into life - by snowpatrol and my sister's work - how we traveled for a year to find amorphophallus species around malaysia for her research.

my dad was the first person who taught me about the medicinal benefit of periwinkle for cancer therapeutics when i was nine or ten - he also brought us (when i was 10) to yosemite and zion national park where i first saw the real footprint of a dinosaur. (and jurassic park was a hit at that time)

my trip to washington was short and educational*,  i spent most of the time at smithsonians - and also at the national zoo, which i found myself a bit disappointed (of myself, actually) because of how the animals were looking at me in despair and tired. far cry from what you would see in discovery channel and national geography
- roaming for free in the acres of lands. like taylor swift's video music - wildest dream.

i look forward to visit arnold arboretum of harvard university someday - i heard that it is nice in autumn, i haven't figure out of my research writing yer. it's writer's block all over again.... but i found my visit to washington fruitious because i did not only learn about plant, i also get to revisit the memory that i had with my family when we traveled across mohave desert, where my mom brought me a unique set of hematite jewelry at the conservation.






i received two books this week on physics of the impossible by michio kaku and on interstellar by kip thorne. my weekend was spent on boring movies like a hologram for the king because there was tom hanks - just how fishing salmon in yemen did with obi wan kenobi.

i finished reading the queen of katwe and i realise that i lost all cards to complain about things that happened in my life. my mom told me to just be grateful - and i am allowed to cry, only to her - cause showing any sign of weakness is not going to be helpful. until.... i saw this video it is okay to cry

my body combat instructor, chelsea - is awesome - although i am terrible at back and side kicks , she has always been inspiring, the same way i feel about watching olympics 2016 - stories of human's endurance, resilient, discipline and patience.

my dad and mom are two great person that i am missing so much at this time. dad just celebrated his birthday last weekend - mom told me to make amend with the friend who thought that i did him wrong, so i can move on with life. thing is, we hardly control lives, and the people who love and hate us at the same time. life is pretty much complicated, mystery and wonderful.

i should stop and get back to work on my writings..about.....  the plan of men and mice often goes awry.... on translational research approach from mice to human-like 3d model.