Monday 13 June 2016

age six racer

dear daisy,

i wrote this 10 years ago, upon returning from my euro trip in 2006

song: age six racer, dashboard confessional

a princess with her six stars rainbow

dear daisy,

tonight the air was likel winter. the wind blew the fallen dried leaves along the pavement all the way to my favorite jogging place, a stream nearby the university. finally, after two months away from korea and almost three weeks setting my foot back, i went for a walk all by myself. an errand in search of adventure. everything was normal like usual - people come and go, walking, talking and jogging. an odd scene to watch in this cold.


i stood at the top of the stairs, reigned in my own perspective, wondered if i could possibly came across a shooting star. i mounted my head looking up at the sky, trying my luck to find an unnamed star for myself. the sky was empty and black.

my eyes scanned a line of shimmering yellow neon light right under the hollow sky. i was happy. i smiled. i felt grateful and blessed by the light, ensure safety to people.

i found that it was interesting to connect everything surrounding with own feeling. it is believed that every matter is interconnected and when one wish upon something, the universe conspires to help you to find it.

the best part of this is, when you are missing so much someone at the other side of the world, you hoped that the universe will do the same thing, to convey your love, misery to that someone. may our stars cross each other someday.

like santiago in the alchemist, i am in pursuit of my personal legend. i want to find my own treasure buried deep beneath the pyramid. i pray to Allah, may Him grant my wish