Sunday 19 May 2019

damien rice - delicate





O is my favorite album. cannonball is my favorite song.



dear daisy,

i am always drawn to my past and repeating the same cycle, with a little bit of twist, and twinge. going to the same place that i had been before, seeing people from my past - but the list shrinks with time, i guess or if i recall from a reading, that in life, we don't need more than five friends. and if you have, then you are lucky, but if you don't - don't worry. we all will be reduced to ashes, as stardust, scattering, floating and wondering in this vast universe.



we came to this world alone, and maybe that is how we should leave the world too. as a stranger. should it bother me that no one will ever remember me, just the way i want them to remember me? even biographies are full with historical inaccuracies and overt claims in forms of humble brags. maybe i should be paying attention at writing this blog with consistencies and less angry about everything.



i had this conversation with a good friend whom i studied with in korea a few days ago, if we ever go back to seoul, we would take the train to the last station and climb the mountains for the sake of old memories. i want to look back at yoido and walk under the canopies of cherry blossom, run from oksu bridge to apkujeoung, eat watermelon and do things that made me happy. it really doesn't matter anymore that my friends dislike me at the time. i don't miss them. they were just tiny fragments in my story. seoul has always been sentimental and betrayal of an ex-husband and an ex-friend.