Thursday 21 December 2017

yellow ledbetter

dear daisy,
i had never met anyone as wonderful and interesting as him, whose heart, soul and mind are not just peculiar, but almost an endangered kind. we would speak for hours about songs and my stupidity - my slow grasp on syntax be it C plus or double/triple plus or parceltounge (i got confused with pyton) . and adventures - his climbing and mountaineering activities that i am not truly fond of because i fear at getting lost, grizzlies, creepy crawlings, height and the need to swim. i usually walk on the safe side to make sure there will be working phone signal in case of emergency.

we spent last night talking about bob dylan’s nobel lecture and how his works profoundly took affects on us. i was introduced to bob dylan during my undergraduate by a friend, who was an avid fan and reader - he sent me letters and complained about my books selection - he bought me couple of kelvin and hobbes, and harry potter (the fifth one) - as for bob dylan, i received chocolates from dylan’s candy store. i read dylan’s work like reading poetry. they are mysterious and genius. all along the watchtower was a masterpiece - and glad that battlestar galactica used the note to unravel the mystery of the final five.

i will be leaving states soon, and i hate it when he played yellow ledbetter in the lab today. it gave twinge in my heart, sometimes i questioned myself too - about staying. there are a lot of uncertainties these days, and heart break is just collateral.

there are only few people who call me em, yeah like eminem - or the master, like in the james bond.

dad told me of his upcoming expedition to belum, after so long years with his friends from college. i told him to take pictures of wild orchids and flowers.

pearl jam brought to memory of fourteen year old me, reading master of war and state of live and trust. it was my first nickname on irc before i changed to a yellow fruity chewing gum label that became my permanent alter ego.