Sunday 13 November 2016

six pence none the richer

dear daisy,

just because life happens when you are busy planning, i stop making plans. i want to believe that everything that happened in my life will eventually make sense but heh, according to the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, the ultimate answer to life, universe and everything is 42. (hell, i dont even know what is life that actually making a lot of sense).

i know that it is awkward to actually quote things related to life from sci.fi - like the restaurant at the end of the universe in dr.who had similar explanation as it was from hitchhiker's guide. or the tesseract (murph's room) - a cube in four space dimension from the interstellar looked exactly like the angel's place in the original battlestar galactica (things that i had been doing for the past three weekends - plus reading the book from kip thorne). the so called rojak - mashed-up sci-fi. however, my roommate is a graduate student in scientific writing at a university where isaac asimov taught biochemistry and wrote most his sci-fi novels. we talked about edger allen poe and jack the ripper for dinner, something that i wouldn't want to say in front of my parents and dinner.

last week, i went to watch boston philharmonic youth orchestra at the symphony hall. it was my first time and that reminded me of the lecture by marcus du sautoy that i attended a few years ago when i was in sheffield about the mystery of numbers - he unraveled the mystery of the code and the music of the prime numbers.

there must be an explanation why the least random number does not go along well with 23. (as if it's like predestined).

i want to believe the fact that we write our own coding.

sigh, anyway, i'm still nowhere at codeacademy. after today's conference, my professor told me to join his undergraduate class next semester and learn coding with younger whiz kids. o h....i really wish i could just ask someone to write the code for me... i could not bear my soul when my 4 and 6 year old nephews talked to me about minescraft and ninjago.

same thing with the need to go back and get that swimming license - no more drama at the pool side. (beg that instructor to take me back)

i should learn how to drive a car - again. (left and right hand drive). someday, i hope to drive (independently) a tesla model X and an M3. or a slk. or an amg or maybe a crz.

i went back to sketching and painting with watercolors during my free time. my art skill is not actually very good, maybe that was the reason why i was rejected from an architecture school. my sketches were mostly gaudi-like (i begin to believe that i have a very old soul) (i also don't like the asymmetrical of ray and maria strata building - it looks like a disoriented dalek...  hence, the center of artificial intelligence.

to make myself - a human, (during the election day) i took a day off to see what's life on the northern part would look like. since this is my favorite season of the year, so...i just seized the day.

carpe diem, portland, maine.